We are very excited to announce the addition of Mobile Bidding to this year's Recipe for a CURE event! View our auction catalog, place your bids, follow your favorite items, purchase raffle tickets and more ALL from your smart phone! You can bid from any location, so you can relax and enjoy the event while ensuing you are always the top bidder on your desired items.
Don't have a smartphone or don't feel comfortable placing bids on your phone? Don't worry! CURE will have Bidding Assistants who will have tablets or ipads to utilize for bidding to ensure you can participate! Login information will be texted to all registered smartphones prior to the event.
You can register your phone prior to the event, when you arrive at the event or at any point during the Silent Auction. Since the bidding begins when the texts go out, we strongly recommend you register your phone prior to the day of the event. Please see the Mobile Bidding instructions below for more information.
Mobile Bidding Instructions:
(1) Register your smartphone: You can register your smartphone online prior to the night of the auction, when you arrive at the event or at any point during the silent Auction. When registering your phone, please make sure you include your name and phone number in the designated areas.
To register your smartphone prior to the start of the event, please use one of the following options:
- Complete and return your RSVP card
- Click here to purchase your tickets and submit your mobile bidding information using our Secure Online Reservation System
To register your smartphone upon arrival:
- Please visit the Check-In Table. You will be asked if you would like to register your smartphonefor mobile bidding and will be assisted through the process.
- If you haven't registered your smartphone, but would like to during any point of the Silent Auction, simply ask one of the Bidding Assistants of staff members.
- Once your smartphone is registered, you'll receive an automated welcome text message containing your bidder URL within two minutes. If you do not receive a text message, please see one of our Bidding Assistants or a staff member.
(2) Use your smartphone to browse silent auction items: Once you have received your automated welcome text message, there are a couple quick steps to take to be able to start browsing all of our fabulous Silent Auction items.
- Click on the link in your automated welcome text message - this link will also contain your bidder number. Once you have logged in, your bidder number will also display on your home screen.
- When prompted, confirm your name. If the name displayed isn't correct, please see a Bidding Assistant or a staff member.
- Once you have confirmed your name, you can start browsing items right away. You can search for Silent Auction items by number, keyword or category - or find items with no bids by selecting "No Bid Packages".
(3) Start Bidding! Mobile Bidding is FUN, FAST and EASY - and can be done from any place while you are enjoying the Recipe for a CURE Sunday Brunch!
- Simply select "Details/Bid" to place a bid on your item of choice.
- You can bid the next increment, set a maximum bid or simply choose to "Watch" Silent Auction items.
- If you enter your highest maximum bid on an item, the system will automatically place bids in your favor until that amount is reached or until the Silent Auction closes. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that item, you'll be prompted to enter a higher bid.
- If you're outbid at any point before the Silent Auction closes, you'll be notified by text message. You can click on the link in the text message to go directly to the item and place a higher bid.
- You can keep an eye on packages you've bid on or are watching by going to "My Bids" via the blue button located at the lower right of your home area.
- Watch the event timer on the upper left of your screen. As soon as the Silent Auction closes, the bidder with the highest bid will win.
(4) Purchase an Item at the "Buy It Now" Price: Many of the Silent Auction items are available for immediate purchase using the "Buy It Now" feature.
- Click on the "Buy It Now" button located in the upper right-hand corner of the item's detail page. Do not enter the "But It Now" price in the field for the maximum bid amount.
(5) Make a donation to CURE Childhood Cancer Association: You can make a direct donation to CURE Childhood Cancer Association from your Mobile Bidding home screen. All donations made to CURE are tax deductible.
- Click on the "Donate" button on your home screen.
- Choose a pre-set amount or enter the amount you wish to donate, then click "Submit".
(6) No smartphone? No problem!! We have Bidding Assistants equipped with tablets or ipads that can be utilized for bidding. Bids will be placed for the guests with the help of the Bidding Assistants.
- This bidding will work very similarly to smartphone bidding, except there will be no text notification when you are outbid on an item. Your bids can be tracked directly from the "My Bids" button on your home screen.
- Placing bids with Bidding Assistants is fast and easy: Give the Bidding Assistants your bidder number or cell phone number, and confirm your name on the screen is correct.
(7) After the Silent Auction Closes: The Silent Auction will close at 12:45 PM on Sunday, October 11, 2015.
- Check to see what you have won under "My Bids".
- Your items will be charged to your credit card directly.
- If you are in attendance at the auction, your item(s) will be available for pickup directly after the Live Auction and Program. If you are not able to pick up your items at that time, you may pick them up from the CURE office (200 Westfall Road) the week following the event. All items MUST be picked up by Thursday, October 15th.
CURE Childhood Cancer Association
200 Westfall Road
Rochester, NY 14620